- Shortlisted for the ESSE Book Prize
- Reviewed on the British Society for Literature and Science website as well as in the Wilkie Collins Journal
Laurie Garrison (General Editor) with Sibylle Erle, Verity Hunt, Phoebe Putnam and Peter West (Volume Editors), The Panorama: Texts and Contexts, 1780-1900, 5 vols (Pickering and Chatto, 2012).
- Reviewed in the TLS, Art Libraries Journal and BARS Bulletin
Laurie Garrison and Jacky Bratton (General Editors), Electronic Editions of the Lord Chamberlain’s Plays, 1852-1863, published on Royal Holloway’s website, 2007.
- A collection of five popular plays, each transcribed and introduced by experts in nineteenth-century studies.
Chapters in Books
Laurie Garrison, ‘“She read on more eagerly, almost breathlessly”: Mary Elizabeth Braddon’s Challenge to Medical Depictions of Female Masturbation in The Doctor’s Wife,’ in The Female Body in Medicine and Literature, ed. by Andrew Mangham and Greta DePledge (Liverpool: Liverpool University Press, 2011), pp. 148-68.
- Nominated for British Society for Literature and Science Book Prize as well as Feminist and Women’s Studies Association Book Prize
- Reviewed in the TLS
Laurie Garrison, ‘Seductive Visual Studies: Scientific Focus and Editorial Control in The Woman in White and All the Year Round,’ in The Lure of Illustration in the Nineteenth Century: Picture and Press, ed. by Laurel Brake and Marysa Demoor (Palgrave, 2009).